ZAM® (Zinc, 6% Aluminum, 3% Magnesium Alloy Coated Steel)
Introduction to ZAM®
Wheeling-Nisshin is proud to announce our newest product, ZAM® - branded the "Corrosion protection of the 21st Century". ZAM® is a remarkably superior corrosion-resistant hot-dip Zinc-Aluminum-Magnesium alloy coated steel sheet product. Wheeling-Nisshin is the first company in the Americas to produce such a product.
ZAM® uniquely presents a self healing, ecologically friendly alternative to other conventional metal coatings. Besides the key features listed at rightbelow, ZAM®:
- exhibits exceptional alkaline resistance - even in direct contact with concrete and mortar
- is a great substitute for much more costly stainless steel and aluminum
Your post dip batch coated products would be ideal candidates to convert to cost saving ZAM® coated sheet.
ZAM® is produced to ASTM A1046 specifications and is used where the absolute best rust prevention and cut edge protection are needed.
Got Rust? Get ZAM®. You too will be convinced that ZAM® is like no other coated sheet product. Please explore the many technical and comparison studies located on this site under the tabs "About ZAM®", "Technical", and "Applications".
Key Features of ZAM®
- Longer service life than other coated products
- Cut edge rust protection - the hallmark feature of ZAM®
- Thinner coating yet more protection - ecologically friendly
- Excellent in severe environments - especially coastal and agricultural
- Eliminates the need for post dip (batch) galvanizing
- Superior formability due to coating characteristics
- Cost savings through longer service life and reduced maintenance
- Bridges the product gap between heavily coated galvanized and costly stainless steel
Suitable applications for ZAM® include: construction (architectural building panels, perforated panels, metal facades, roofing), automotive, agricultural applications (chicken grow out houses, swine containment, hoop buildings, grain bins, silos, etc.), green house structures, industrial HVAC, cooling towers, solar racking, school bus decking, swimming pool, sign posts, guardrail facades, coastal environments, cable trays, switch boxes, steel decking and framing, sound/wind/snow barriers and many other applications.
Prepainting or color coating ZAM® is regularly done in other markets with very good results and reviews. Wheeling-Nisshin is currently working with major paint suppliers and construction associations to gain full acceptance of this newly introduced coating in the United States and Canada markets.
|0.014" through 0.130"|
|MATERIAL WIDTH||24" through 61"|
|ASTM SPECIFICATION||ASTM A1046|
(Please inquire about any coating weights not listed.)
|COIL WEIGHT||10,000 lbs. maximum through 55,000 lbs. maximum|
|COIL ID||20" and 24"|
|Chemical Treatment (RoHS Compliant Available)
Acrylic (RoHS Compliant, Please Inquire)
Additional ZAM® Resources
- Nisshin Steel ZAM® Information
- ZAM® Reference Documents
- ZAM® Contact
Art Bertol - General Manager ZAM® Marketing